Stainless steel is the practical, hardwearing choice for commercial kitchens where the combination of chaos, heat and continuous cleaning down requires durability. Stainless steel is also commonly used in offices and homes, not just because of its practicality, but also its ability to outshine all other surfaces.
When stainless steel is well maintained, it looks impressive but if not cared for properly, it will almost certainly show permanent water marks and scratches.
How to clean your stainless steel bench top
- For a light clean, use water with a micro fibre cloth
- For a heavier clean, use a few drops of dishwashing liquid with the water
- To shine after cleaning, you can use a glass cleaner or a dedicated stainless steel cleaning product
- Make sure that cleaning products are rinsed from the surface and the benches are thoroughly dried and buffed to help prevent water spots forming.
Tip: Glass cleaner will clean away smudges and fingerprints from stainless steel
Preventing water spots & staining
Water droplets that are left to dry on stainless steel bench tops will cause water spots which can be permanent if not removed.
Tip: Always dry your benches with a micro fibre cloth straight after cleaning
No matter how careful you are, scratches are inevitable on stainless steel bench tops. Light scratches tend to blend in with the stainless steel over time.
Using the tips above will help to keep your stainless steel benches looking clean and smudge free.
Sometimes the ways in which we add value go unnoticed by our customers because we deliver them as part of our standard cleaning services, such as:
- Using our initiative to clean obvious areas of concern without being asked
- Not disturbing private meetings to maintain our cleaning routine
- Advising of actual or potential security risks
In addition we:
- Do our very best to re-schedule our cleaning to suit your requirements
- Can advise on the use of re-cycling systems and eco-friendly products
- Ask for feedback to ensure our services are meeting your needs and our high standards
The success of our business is largely due to our focus on customer care. It all starts with a site visit and our careful attention to your cleaning requirements. From there we prepare a full proposal and ensure we are on hand to answer any questions you may have.
We do everything we can to help you save money. For example:
- Accurate assessment and quoting of your cleaning requirements from the outset
- Our attention to quality control results in an overall lower cost to you
- Any savings we make from our bulk purchasing of cleaning consumables are passed on to you
- Making honest recommendations on the frequency of ‘special’ cleaning jobs
Our cleaning team
All of our cleaning staff has passed security checks and reference checks to ensure their honesty and integrity. Our cleaners also understand that they are working for a local business and that motivates them to put in maximum effort for our customers.